Here's a quick summary about the difference between SMS1.0 and SMS2.0:
SMS1.0 is the default account that you are redirected to after you log in. Also;
- Your sms units have a lifetime validity or does not expire
- You are billed an average charge of N2.50 to all networks in Nigeria
- You enjoy up to 100 FREE SMS daily on your account.
- You cannot view the delivery report of each of the phone numbers you send your sms to as bulk messages are sent in batches of hundred.
- Your account is billed for sms sent to any phone number whether it is properly formatted or not.
SMS2.0 is a much cheaper plan and with the following details;
- Monthly access fee of N500
- Credits do not expire
- Bills N1.50 to MTN numbers only
- Your account is billed for only correct and properly formatted phone numbers.
- Minimum recharge of N500 per time
- You can view the delivery report for each phone number you send your sms to in your Message History; this will allow you delete wrong or incomplete phone numbers which were not delivered to and save you credit in the long run.